Re: [tlug] screen goes blank when installing SuSE on PowerBook G4

Stephen and Scott,
Thanks for your explanations of netiquette and threading.  I'm going to read
the link that Scott told me about.

Thanks for the general advice i received, but i decided to sell the PowerBook
G4 and get a computer that is easier to install GNU/Linux on, and that is
faster.  I read a bunch of messages in the SuSE forum for Mac users, and some
other messages on the web, and i have the feeling that installing on that
PowerBook is going to be time-consuming.  I'd like to have a faster CPU, DVD
burning capability, and other small improvements like a right-clicking mouse
(one of the few things i envied about Windows users) anyway.  And the
portability i don't need; a desktop would do fine.

I have another PowerBook, a G3 (233 mghz, bought in 1998), which i am also
going to try to install SuSE on, but later, when i have more time.  That will
probably be even trickier, but that machine has sentimental value, so i can't
let go of it.  It also has the best keyboard around for a laptop, for me at
least.  Very easy on your finger joints.

Sorry if anyone was about to send me a long message about installing on a
PowerBook G4.

Cheers,
Joe