Re: [tlug] Free program translates Euro languages to/from English

> I would expect that Japanese and Korean would be much much more
> difficult, since their grammars are just so completely different.

It's not just the grammar but the writer's style.

Japanese people working at multinationals often comment to me that when
they translate to English using software (not necessarily the linux
desktop you mentioned but...), it works best when they look at the
garbled English and then correct their Japanese and re-translate via
software again.

Time wise, I dk which is more efficient (editing garbled English or
editing the Japanese original to be more clear) but I often hear
comments that doing so helps them write more clearly in Japanese.

Even if the grammar translation software is perfect, I suspect the
Japanese writing style will always pose difficulties - with verb/subject
and/or other omissions/inferences.

Jeez though after the trouble Jim, who writes with clarity, on this list
had following my posts, maybe I should look for E->E.

Shawn