Re: [tlug] Hard drive failure

But I would like to ask you the manufacturer, model and
manufacturing date of the hard drive.

MAXTOR diamond max PLUS 9 80GB SATA/150 10JAN2005

I ran the Live CD of Ubuntu and SuSE, I was able to mount the HD but I
could not
see the files inside, also I plug it to a Mac G5, I saw the partitions but the
Mac couldn’t mount it neither, I will try to plug it into a PC with SATA
support, first I have to find one, and see, the Data inside it’s not very
important, mostly Graphic and web design kind of files (jpg, gif, flash, psd,
ai.. etc.. ) I don’t know if it is worthy to pay a lot to recover it.