Re: [tlug] Measure Twice, Cut Once: Sanding Rubber Bits of Printers

Micheal E Cooper <network-admin@example.com> wrote:

> I will go off and try [sanding] it this week.

Similar to "measure twice, cut once", be very restrained with the
sanding. It's better to not do enough, which can be remedied by
more sanding, than to overdo it. My first restrained attempt
worked, so I did not need to sand anymore.

I laid the sandpaper, abrasive side up, on a hard flat desktop.
I would move the roller along its axis while _slowly_ rotating
the roller. With each stroke I probably dragged the roller only
several centimeters while rotating it 10 to 30 degrees.
You want to make sure that you sand evenly.

Good luck!