Re: [tlug] Zauruses

    Ian> 1. Which [Zaurus] models are worth having? (We're talking
    Ian> clamshell here.)

Anything after the SL-C700 is usable.  I'm currently using the
SL-C3000, which makes a big difference in performance.  The HDD is
definitely worth the price differential between the SL-C1000 and the
SL-C3xxx series.

    Ian> 2. How much should I end up paying? 2nd hand is fine.

For shinpin, kakaku.com is reliable but I don't know about chuuko.

    Ian> 3. Which ROM do people use? I see there are Qtopia and X
    Ian> based ROMs out there; I have to say, I like the idea of
    Ian> running Firefox but I suspect X is a bit heavyweight (and I
    Ian> assume it's a requirement).

I suspect that Firefox itself is awfully heavyweight; at least, it
only takes about 5 minutes to balloon to the VM size of X and then
some (unless I've been looking at _really_ image-heavy stuff, but the
screen isn't big enough for that to be all that much fun).  NetAffront
isn't too bad (but it doesn't do FTP, and of course not WebDAV).

    Ian> 4. Which (wifi) network cards work?

The one Sharp supplies mostly works, but I'm still using the Sharp
ROM and config utility, so it's likely that the problem is
less-than-sharp software, and that configuring by hand etc would give
good results.

FWIW YMMV etc etc