Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Alternatives to Spamassassin?
- Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 08:56:01 -0500
- From: Stuart Luppescu <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Alternatives to Spamassassin?
- References: <20050929030527.GG4801@example.com>
On 木, 2005-09-29 at 12:05 +0900, Michael Smith wrote: > Running spamassassin (spamd, actually) is chewing up a massive > amount of memory on my low-memory mail/web server. Can anybody > recommend a less resource-hungry solution? > > I run exim4, so would prefer something that plays well with that. > But I can switch to another MTA if needed. When I was administering our mail server, I did not run the spamd daemon. I set up SpamAssassin to be called by MailScanner. MailScanner would scan each message for viruses (viri?) as it came in, call SpamAssassin, and then put the message in the appropriate queue for delivery. We only had about 60 or so users, but the mail server was an old PentiumPro with about 128MB of memory. Running MailScanner and SpamAssassin this way never produced delays in delivering mail of more than a couple of seconds each. -- Stuart Luppescu -=-=- s-luppescu <AT> uchicago <DOT> edu CCSR at U of C ,.;-*^*-;., www.consortium-chicago.org (^_^)/ 才文と智奈美の父 Where are we going? And what are we doing in this handbasket?
- [tlug] Alternatives to Spamassassin?
- From: Michael Smith
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Alternatives to Spamassassin?
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Alternatives to Spamassassin?
- Next by thread: [tlug] Mailman (was: Alternatives to Spamassassin?)
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links