Re: [tlug] Is WNN8 installed on my SuSE 9.3 machine?

Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
"JE" == Joseph Essertier <essertier@example.com> writes:

    JE> "man 8 jserver" ,but the response given me was "no manual
    JE> entry for jserver in section 8."

Well, it might not be installed in that case (although I don't trust
Japanese vendors to install man pages).

I think you really need to get somebody to take a look at your
machine.

Sounds like a good idea.
    JE> About SuSE 9.3, there is an article in that same magazine in
    JE> Japanese this month that concludes that files with Japanese
    JE> file names are correctly displayed much more often in
    JE> TurboLinux than in SuSE.

The problem is that until fairly recently Japanese filenames were
illegal (there was no way to specify non-Japanese file names in a MIME
header), so many mail programs simply ignored the rules.  And now that
there is a way, they continue to ignore the rules.

Interesting.

Thanks for the advice.
Joe