Re: [tlug] OT-Japanese in PHP

On 5/27/05, Mark Sargent <powderkeg@example.com> wrote:

> Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
>
> >Is your middle name Sisyphus?
>
> I don't understand the reference...was it a positive or a negative..?
> positive, I hope!!

Could be taken both ways, perhaps. Sisyphus was an ancient king of
(what we now call) Corinth. He was known as a right clever bugger, and
pulled one over on Hades when he died. The gods finally caught up to
him and sentenced him to an eternity of hard labour as punishment for
being so cheeky. His punishment? To roll a boulder up to the top of a
hill. Not so bad, right? The catch is that every time he neared the
top of the hill, the boulder would roll back down.

I believe what Steve was getting at is this: why continue to frustrate
yourself with your current method, when there is (in his opinion)
nothing stopping you from Doing it Right(TM).

-Josh "the Greek" Glover