[tlug] Linux-101

Another stupid question from Lyle:

How do I mount my CD-ROM?  I've always been able to just access it, but
now I'm drawing a blank (nothing happens via File Explorer, etc. - I
click on CD-ROM and... nothing) and when I try to access a disk with
K3B, I get this error message:

Could not mount device.
The reported error was:
mount: only root can mount /dev/cdrom on /media/cdrom

This disk was accessible before I upgraded from SuSE 9.1 to 9.3 (using
KDE for the desktop).  Incidentally, the same disk is automatically
readable with the clean install of SuSE 9.3 that I have on a different
machine.

I suppose I can access it through a command somehow?  Or will have I
have to do something stupid like reboot it as root to access the disk
that has no special privileges?  I'm having a lot of sporadic problem
with what was a stable machine before the upgrade.  The disappearing
mouse support, etc.

Lyle