1) The floppy drive isn't working.  I get this error message:
"The process for the *media* protocol died unexpectedly"

2) The mouse (running through a KVM switch) isn't working.

#2 I'm not worried about - even if this machine refuses to use a mouse
running through the KVM switch forevermore, I can just plug in a USB
mouse directly.  Irritating, but an easy workaround.

#1, on the other hand is more than just a mild irritation.  I often
transfer light files via floppy, so I need to get that fixed somehow.  I
would more easily accept trouble with a DVD recorder or something, but
the floppy drive?  Why?!  I'll try inputting "Floppy trouble with SuSE
9.3" and see what comes up.....

Other stuff comes up without quotes and nothing with the quotes.....

Lyle