[tlug] [tlug-digest] Re. Japanese-language on SuSE

I installed 9.2J briefly before 9.3J but did not install
the Wnn Japanese input software from the Japanese
extensions CD;  I think you'll find the procedure is the
same as for 9.3J : (1) install the system ( I installed
it in Japanese, but English would probably work
if you select Japanese as one of the languages
to be supported.  It may be easiest to reinstall
if you didn't select both English and Japanese
as languages to be supported at install time. )
(2) switch the desktop language to Japanese, then
install the Japanese extensions CD.  Japanese data
entry did not work when I switched the desktop
language to English, but if you switch back to
Japanese then it works again.
To pop up Wnn (IME) to enter Japanese you
hit Ctrl-space.  Hit Ctrl-space again and it's gone.
It's that simple.
You may have to register and get stuff by YAST
update -- I have a magazine article on 9.2J and
can dig it out if you get stuck.
When you register your 9.2J you will be sent the
email address for support.  Support should be quite
good, but I'm not sure if they can provide English
support for Japanese 9.2J.