Re: [despammed] Re: [tlug] printer won't print (toner)

Josh Glover wrote:

>Of course, inkjet printers do not use toner... they use "ink
>cartridges". Not trying to be a stickler, but I can see how this could
>cause confusion for you some day.

The "toner" name is an odd one, isn't it?  With chemical photography,
that would be a liquid.  Perhaps not surprisingly, a lot of people don't
seem to realize that printer "toner" is a powder, which is why laser
printers (using powder) don't have a problem with the "ink" drying up
when not used for a while.  I broke apart an old laser printer's "empty"
cartridge once... and was fascinated to see how much it looked an
off-set printing arrangement - fascinated that is, until a gust of wind
blew black toner all over the me and the balcony.  An educational
experience, but not recommended!  "Empty" cartridges still have vast
amounts of that black powder in them - it did just rinse right off
though....