Re: [tlug] Seagate Sudden Death....

On Sunday 27 March 2005 06:25, Lyle (Hiroshi) Saxon wrote:
> - all the while continuing the "zzzzzzzzzz - click, click - zzzzzzzzz
> chick, click - zzzzzzzzzz" noises.
> And - other Seagate hard drive users out there - have you had any
> trouble with your drives?

Well, I had the same problem - chick, click - zzzzzzzzzz - with a Segate 6G
drive.
I think it died due to an excess of temperature. I had that drive inside a
rack, a very very bad and cheap rack without ventilation.
Anyway, it works with that behavior for some time after it finally died.

	Pietro.

- Pietro Zuco
- Email: pietro@example.com
- Email: pietro@example.com