Re: [tlug] MPEG stream analyser?

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 15:26:56 +0900, Lyle (Hiroshi) Saxon
> Have you tried going back and forth from Region-1 to Region-2 with it?
> My understanding is that since the firmware is what allows the switch,
> isn't that software independent?  Or is that firmware issue software
> induced?  I hope it *is* software induced, as then I'll not have to use
> two computers to handle both regions!

That depend on the DVD drive itself. Older RPC-1 drives depend of
software to set region, newer (since Jan 2000) RPC-2 drives have
counter in firmware that allow you to switch region up to 5 times.
Since 1st Jan 2000 it is mandatory, that all DVD drives  be produced
as RPC-2's

-Dmytro