Re: [tlug] MythTV in Japan

>>>>> "wileyc" == Christopher SEKIYA <wileyc@example.com> writes:

    wileyc> On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 06:10:43PM +0900, Stephen
    wileyc> J. Turnbull wrote:

    >> Oh, no, not the "Japanese patch" again!  Tell me it ain't so.

    wileyc> I'm afraid it is, kid.  I have my doubts that it will be
    wileyc> fed back to the master project[...].

    wileyc> It's nowhere as bad as, say, the jpine patch was.

But that's the problem with "Japanese patches"---you don't know how
bad they are until they've been maintained separately for ten years,
because that's the JIS kijun for patches to gai-softo.

Damn it, guys, this country has been (mostly, to my knowledge anyway)
really good to us---I hate seeing good ideas not get the credit and
exposure they deserve because of rank wanking like this.  Or xwnmo.
Or VFlib.  Or XTT.  Or Mule.  Or jpine.  Or jghostscript.  Or jgrep.
Or jperl.  Or "Ima Nihongo ga Abunai."  Or a 30-man shop at NEC using
Win2k workstations to develop Linux kernel debugging tools---until
Steve Baur arrived, there was only one Linux box, and that was booted
only for the bimonthly test sessions (frequency of boot is something I
just made up, count of Linux boxen is eyewitness report).

I just wish there were something we could do....