Re: [tlug] Crazy automount solution (Etc.)

Gunar Schnell wrote:

> after all that critics I just want to express my support for your
> little script. Sure there are solutions around which are elegant but
> your example indeed showed how easy it is under unix to write your OWN
> little script with commands that are simple and easy to understand.
> Maybe for the experts in this forum this might be trivial but I always
> feel better about it when I got such a little script running
> regardless whether there is something else out there which might do
> the job better. And last but not least -- what do I do if I don't have
> the web available, have no google etc., but only my plain machine in
> front of me? ... Sometimes one has to do the job by oneself.
>
> This became too long, didn't it?!:-)

No, not too long!  Just the right length to say what you wanted to say.
A good piece of writing there!  There's something quite fascinating
about this exchange actually - the whole forward progression of
technology.  Not to draw any kind of matching analogy here, but - in a
very loose sense - it falls into the category of an article I once saw
in an old (old even at the time I saw it about thirty years ago) article
in a magazine debating the pros and cons of drum brakes and disc
brakes.  Or the early autofocus cameras that no respectable professional
photographer would have anything to do with, etc.  Technology is a
fascinating thing......

Lyle