Re: [tlug] Crazy automount solution

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 14:03:08 -0500, Viktor Pavlenko <vvp@example.com> wrote:

> Polling from a user space application may be a UNIX way but not the
> one to be proud of, IMHO.

OTOH, it does give you the desired result without having to (possibly)
recompile a kernel and reboot.

What I was proud of in this case was my demonstration of the
flexibility of Unix. I have said before and will say again that I
don't give a good goddamn about automounting, and don't care about
finding the best way to do it.

>     JG> Anyone who is not familiar with The Unix Way might just learn
>     JG> something from my trivial example.
>
> ... how to waste CPU cycles? Sorry Josh, I did try to resist 8-)

Sure, because the -e builtin is a real CPU hog, right?

-Josh "who now regrets ever having opened his mouth WRT to this issue" Glover