Re: [tlug] VMWare GSX Server

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 22:23:44 +0900
"A.Tomita" <atomita@example.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 09:42:15 +0900
> Patrick Niessen <tlug.niessen@example.com> wrote:
> [...]
> > Does anybody have experience to run Suse Professional on this
> > Hardware?  My past experience with Suse Consumer Products and Compaq
> > Hardware was rather negative (Grub, Raid Driver, Suse bloody support).
>
> at the office, we have a couple of DL380s running RedHat.
> the optional RAID controller gave some trouble during the
> installation (need to disable the on-board RAID if using the
> optional board), but apart from that, everything works fine.

Had a similar annoyance with an ACER server, they only provided the
binaries for RedHat kernels and the controller was software raid. So
I disabled the raid controller on the machine and went with the stock SW
raid kernel driver (and debian).

But VMWare provided source for their modules in the old days and it could
compile these at installation if the current kernel wasn't supported. No
experience with GSX though.