Re: [tlug] VMWare GSX Server

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 09:42:15 +0900
Patrick Niessen <tlug.niessen@example.com> wrote:
[...]
> Does anybody have experience to run Suse Professional on this
> Hardware?  My past experience with Suse Consumer Products and Compaq
> Hardware was rather negative (Grub, Raid Driver, Suse bloody support).

at the office, we have a couple of DL380s running RedHat.
the optional RAID controller gave some trouble during the
installation (need to disable the on-board RAID if using the
optional board), but apart from that, everything works fine.

at home, I have a (very) old Proliant 805R with both an SmartArray 3200
and running without problems. in a Proliant 7000, I have a SmartArray/2
also without any problems. the cpqarray driver has been very reliable
in both Gentoo and Fedora Core 3, respectively.

no experience with Suse on Compaq/HP yet.