Re: [tlug] Re: Laptop and Coffee

> > My gf made it somehow that coffe dripped on her laptop.
>
> Some moisture got into the keyboard.
> If you are confident enough you could try removing and dismantling
> the keyboard, drying the parts and reassembling it.  Otherwise you
> probably could just wait for it to dry by itself.

Coffee probably has conductive components and sugar (if there was any) can
cause the keys to stick even after drying. If you can get the keyboard out
of the shell, I'd suggest rinsing it out good with distilled water and
then let it dry completely. Then there should be no residual conductive
scum to cause shorts or interfere with the mechanics of the keys. If you
have electronic cleaning spray, that would be even better. Either way,
after rinsing you could use a hairdryer to accelerate the drying (to
reduce the possibility of corroding) but don't melt anything. Don't return
the keyboard to the machine until it's completely dry or you could damage
the electronics.

--
Joe Larabell -- Synopsys VCS Support      US: larabell@example.com
http://wwwin.synopsys.com/~larabell/   Japan: larabell@?jp