Re: [tlug] platex+mups

I just finished doing a happy dance!!

Finally i have this printer doing exactly what it is supposed to.
First I have to thank Stephen for all his help, with japanese printing
and then this last night.
I also sent an email to Oki, and they finally sorted out my last
problem, which actually makes me feel a little silly.
It turns out that I needed to edit my platex config file, because i am
using a strange paper size (sagawa kyubin slips). That is something that
i forgot to mention to everyone here.... whoops.

If anyone wants to know a few more details about paper size or what was
edited please let me know.

Next....

I think the whole linux printing scene in Japan is anything but good.
Except for hp, none of the printers listed as supported on
linuxprinting.org match up with what is sold here. You really have to
dig around on makers' web sites, and everything being in japanese
doesn't make the task any easier. Perhaps we should make a list on tlug
of printers that have been successfully configured.

....Anyway, after just over a week over pain I have a very affordable
dot matrix printer that works perfectly with drivers supplied by the
manufacturer. In the meantime i also set up a canon pixus 560i also with
drivers supplied by canon. I am impressed.

Oki was brilliant, from start to finish ... their cd and the book, they
were great on the phone and then finally by email... and they solved the
problem.

for the record,
My working printers
Oki Microline 50hu: using oki drivers(they can't be downloaded)
Canon Pixus 560i : using the canon linux drivers

Thanks again to everyone

Patrick