Re: [tlug] platex+mups

>>>>> "patrick" == patrick  <patrick@example.com> writes:

    patrick> The printer basically did nothing, a little movement and
    patrick> then nothing.  Everything else works perfectly. I can
    patrick> print postscript files made by evolution so at first i
    patrick> thought that dvipsk was the problem, but i made some
    patrick> postscript files from tex and dvi files i downloaded that
    patrick> will print.

Since I just heard the same story from an independent source (somebody
trying to print from inside XEmacs) I suspect that the CUPS
postscript-to-printer driver is broken.

You could try running Ghostscript (gs) from a terminal, and type

run (/path/to/file.ps)

and see if it throws any error messages.

    patrick> Which can really only mean that there is something wrong
    patrick> with the tex files that _I_ am writing

That's nearly impossible.  I mean, yes, it's possible to write TeX
files that will do something weird like "just not print", but not by
accident.  That's why you should write TeX and not Postscript.

There were some versions of dvipsk (Japanese) that had a habit of
appending an undefined command to the file.  That's one of the things
that the Ghostscript test will catch.