Re: [tlug] DVD Drive

Lyle (Hiroshi) Saxon wrote:

> I finally bought a DVD-RW drive.  Details as follows:
>
> Buffalo DVM-RDH16FB
> Y11,680 (at T-Zone in Akihabara)

Very bad luck with that device so far.  I can't burn DVDs (inut/output
error or something), and while it reads DVD data disks and CD-ROM disks
fine, it's bloody hard to get the drive to let go of a disk once it's
inside.  Pressing the eject button seems to start it on the road towards
ejecting, but then it just rereads the data and opens a new window with
the disk contents - again.  Closing that and then right clicking on the
disk in "My Computer" and then clicking on "Eject" gets the drawer to
finally open, but then it immediately sucks the disk back into the
machine and rereads it again!  How to get the &^%&^%$ disk out?  When it
opens, snatch the disk out of the drawer in the half-second that the
drawer is reaching full extension and just as it's beginning its
immediate journey back in.

So, from my experience at least I would say:

DON'T BUY the:
Buffalo DVM-RDH16FB DVD-R/RW drive.  It seems to be a lemon, garbage,
whatever.

Lyle