Re: [tlug] Japanese Input

"Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen@example.com> spake thus:

>>     David> after you've shut the system down and restarted, it doesn't
>>     David> remember anything that has gone before.
>>
>> Make sure that your wife has a user dictionary (on Debian systems they
>> live in /var/lib/canna/dic/user/ and have the /etc/passwd user name).
>> If it's not there, the reason is possibly that (a) cannaserver doesn't
>> have permission to write that directory (check the directory owner and
>> mode and also make sure the cannaserver is running under the right
>> user) or (b) she's shutting down the system by pulling the plug or the
>> like, and canna doesn't get a chance to save its dictionary (unlikely,
>> I think it saves at the time of registration).

Or (c), it was never created in the first place.

AFAIK you need to create one using mkdic. There is a list of Canna
utility man pages (in English) at:
http://linuxcommand.org/smp_System_Environment_Libraries.php

Jim

--
Jim Breen                                http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/
Computer Science & Software Engineering,                Tel: +61 3 9905 9554