[tlug] Oct 15 TLUG Nomikai Meeting

Hello, everyone!

The nomikai was wonderful! I met a lot of interesting people. I didn't
get to meet everyone, but if the people I met form representative
sample, TLUG is certainly a great group. A few pictures are up at
http://www.pbase.com/kathychua/sacha/ . I'm really looking forward to
next month's technical session. =)

Handa-san(?) suggested an emacs-wiki/planner presentation, but that's
probably going to bore all the non-Emacs users. <laugh> As one of the
newest members of the group, I'm not sure if there's anything I can
contribute. The previous sessions look impressively technical! <laugh>
However, I'm curious about how people manage their personal
information. Instead of boring everyone by going on and on about Emacs
and Planner, I could probably give you a quick tour of some of ways
people manage their tasks and appointments under Linux, including the
really-long-text-file method which serves a lot of people quite well.
I'd really like to find out how you manage your day and what tools you
use to support that.

I think people will come up with far more interesting topics by the
time November comes around, though. <grin>

(By the way, I managed to catch the train back. Whew!)
--
Sacha Chua <sacha@example.com> - open source geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, making computer science education fun