Re: [tlug] printer setup and config problem

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 14:08:14 +0900, "Stephen J. Turnbull"
<stephen@example.com> wrote:

> Header files constitute measurable overhead, it's true, but
> there's just no excuse for failing to provide them on an open source
> system.

Agreed. Which is why the (binary) distro I'm working on, based on LFS, also
provides headers in the packages. There's little more frustrating for the
newcomer to Linux to be told to install libfoo, only to try and compile bar
which depends on libfoo and find out that it still can't find libfoo because
libfoo-devel should have been installed too. Drives me mad that even the
kernel headers are usually missing from binary distros too.

--
G. Stewart   --   gstewart@example.com -- gstewart@example.com
Registered Linux user #284683 (Slackware 9.0, Linux 2.6.8.1-em8300)