Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[tlug] [tlug-digest] Thanks Steve for emacs and utf-8 explanation
- Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 13:06:47 +0900
- From: David Riggs <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [tlug] [tlug-digest] Thanks Steve for emacs and utf-8 explanation
Thanks Steve for a great little write up of the emacs and unicode history. I do everything in unicode, but only by specifying the encoding in the first line of files (-*- encoding: utf-8 -*-), and putting up with refusals to save until I specify the coding for that save. Also, btw, I use the TEI additions to emacs, which seems to make things OK, even when I am not in the TEI mode. Never did understand how. I do hope emacs gets real unicode soon, cause I can no longer imagine life without emacs or without unicode and the constant little glitches are a worry. I still loose a text now and again because of some encoding glitch, but so far its always been recoverable from a backup. David Riggs Nichibunken, Kyoto
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] TLUG spam?
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] TLUG spam?
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] TLUG spam?
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Slighty OT: Linux wear
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links