[tlug] New OS DBs

Just picked up two pieces of interesting news:

IBM gave their JAVA based DB server "Cloudscape" to the Apache Foundation,
where it is now in the incubator under the name "Derby".  Interesting
because it is written in Java, and should therefore be easy to run on any
customised Linux kernel, and second because it is compatible with DB2 (we
could migrate away from the old Suse Database Server in our office).

CA gave their full DB system "Ingres" to open source.

We now seem seem to have 3 full blown ex-commercial DBs to choose from:

- SAPDB
- Ingres
- Derby

patrick