Re: [tlug] C vs. other languages (was: tlug-digest Digest V2004#194)

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004, Viktor Pavlenko wrote:

> Yeah, for some reason java programmers love design patterns, their
> favorite one being `abstract factory'.
Exatly.
> OO is a powerful tool, and if people don't know how to use it, it's
> their, not the tool's, problem. OO allows you to _simplify_ your code
> IMHO.
Unfortuantly, OO is not easy to learn -- especially if you
have been doing embedded and C for years.  I don't think
most people think object-oriented -- they think "first I'll
do this, then that, then the other..."  OO hasn't helped
here -- regardless of why.

Steve S.