Re: [tlug] mozilla

On Tue, Jul 27, 2004 at 12:43:37PM +0900, Gunar Schnell wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 22:36:08 -0400, Scott Robbins <scottro@example.com>
> wrote:
>

> >Out of full featured browsers, I'm still finding opera to be the
> >fastest, even when compared to stand-alone browsers such as firebird.
> >Dillo of course is the quickest, (of the gui ones that I've tried)
> >however, it seems that so few web pages follow standards that it is
> >frequently unable to disply a page.

But I found it to be or feel slower then mozilla (v.1.4.2). And I
> could never figure out how to print. Checking the FAQ (some time ago) there
> was something about 'CUPS not supproted' -- maybe this has changed.

Nope.  Some people get it working, but I haven't.  :)

This got me curious after I posted it.  So, did a bit more
investigating.

These days, my desktop is FreeBSD--at home my main FreeBSD box uses
linux-opera as I was never able to get java or flash working in the
native opera and I wanted them for some reason or another.

(Hrrm, what's the equivalent for a live human being of rolling over in
their grave.  Hi Jonathan?)

So, I did a bit of googling--for the longest, I've simply resigned
myself to it not working.  Turns out in FreeBSD that if one has the
native opera and cups it "just works".  :)

(Put both of them on a test box that I use for err, testing.)

A bit of searching on FreeBSD forums indicates that I can hack the
linux_base Makefile which will probably make it work with the
linux-opera port as well, but as I've been playing with this till close
to 3:00 AM and have to get up in a few hours, I think I'll leave that
for another day. :)

--

Scott

PGP keyID EB3467D6

Buffy: Your logic does not resemble our Earth logic.
Xander: Mine's much more advanced.