Re: [tlug] mozilla

Brett Robson wrote:

>Anyone using Mozilla 1.6? Picked it up with a recent Debian upgrade and
>it runs like a 3 legged dog, chews up CPU cylces when it shouldn't be
>and I suspect it's leaking memory. Just about ready to downgrade.

I basically started using Linux for e-mail and browsing with Mozilla 1.6
on SuSE 9.0, so I don't know how it compares to earlier versions.  On
MicroMuck I was using Netscape 4.78 for e-mail (on W2K) and FireFox for
browsing.  W-Netscape 4.78 was much quicker for e-mail than L-Mozilla
4.6, but it also didn't handle foreign languages well and had some
formatting quirks (and hiragana "a" often turned into a dot).

Now I'm using Mozilla 1.7 on SuSE 9.1 and it *feels* faster than 4.6,
but that's a purely subjective impression.