Re: [tlug] Input methods, once more

Josh Glover <tlug@example.com> dashed off:
>> Firefox is also an X11 program, since GTK is just an abstraction layer
>> on top of the native X11 libraries (with which only Steve Turnbull and
>> Jim Breen are man enough to do battle; the rest of us turn tail and run
>> at the merest *mention* of the fearsome beast). XMODIFIERS can potent-
>> ially affect *any* X11 program, GTK, KDE, or not.

Just in case people get the wrong impression, I am far too cowardly to
do battle with X11 at a low level. I'd much prefer to use something like
GTK.

In the (probably misguided) attempt to produce things which are
platform-independant, I have mainly concentrated on things like Tcl/Tk
rather than GTK, but while I have found Tk pretty good at the toolkit
level, the whole bundle is giving me coding problems which stop me form
doing things like full dictionary clients.

Maybe it's time to look at GTK-Wimp. Has anyone tried to crank up a
platform-independant app using GTK/GTK-Wimp?

Jim

PS: my one and only multi-platform app is at
http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/jbdrill/

--
Jim Breen                                http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/
Computer Science & Software Engineering,                Tel: +61 3 9905 9554