Re: [tlug] aterm Japanese patch

    Scott> The link for the Japanese patch for aterm seems to have
    Scott> gone missing in action.

May it rest in peace.  JP patches should all just f-f-f-fade away.
(But see below.)

It looks like some such capability has been folded into the aterm
mainline, guessing from Debian's avail db (note the Source header):

Package: aterm-ml
Source: aterm
Installed-Size: 696
 Aterm is a colour vt102 terminal emulator, based on rxvt 2.4.8 with
 some additions of fast transparency, intended as an xterm replacement
 for users who do not require features such as Tektronix 4014
 emulation and toolkit-style configurability. As a result, aterm uses
 much less swap space -- a significant advantage on a machine serving
 many X sessions. It was created with AfterStep Window Manager users
 in mind, but is not tied to any libraries, and can be used anywhere.
 .
 This package contains four aterm binaries: katerm and caterm, for Japanese
 and Chinese characters support; gaterm, which supports ELOT-928
 (ISO-8859-7 standard) and IBM-437 keyboard translations for Greek character
 entry, and taterm for Thai characters support.

    Scott> For the moment, I'm going to put it on my site, but I'd
    Scott> appreciate if anyone knows anything about it.

That's worth doing for backward compatibility, but really people
should move to unicode terminals.  Note that luit(1x) helps with this.