Re: [tlug] Free versus open: a rant [was some thread about VoIP/GnomeMeeting]

I will show how GnomeMeeting works with NetMeeting on Saturday,
but it seems like I don't have to do anything for the member of
this list, any more. ;-)

In message <20040707204346.236a9db4.tlug@example.com> you write:
> Let's not argue, I use gnomemeeting to talk to my family (they use
> netmeeting) without the use of the patented algorithm and the quicknet
> card.

This is what I wanted to show to everyone in TLUG members. I
just wanted to make a VideoChat friends with TLUG members.

> So if you don't like the fact that G.723.1 is dependent on the hardware
> then don't use it. You can make your choices, the only limitation here is
> with the PC-to-Phone calls. You would need to pay a subscribtion fee to a
> service provider anyway even if the codec was free and not patented.

Botond, I believe you should introduce GnomeMeeting background
in the Saturday meeting if you can join, instead of me...

Guys, please don't expect much on my presentation. I just wanted
to show how it is easily installed, and how it is working well
with NetMeeting on Windows.

== Money is one of the minimum conditions to do anything, but... =======
  Shin MICHIMUKO <smitimko@example.com> http://www.peanuts.gr.jp/