Re: [tlug] 7/10 TLUG Technical Meeting - voice communication questions

> Also, I can't believe that hardware is _required_.  I could understand
> needing to purchase software in order to obtain the codec if no others
> exist. Well maybe that would reduce the echoing...

I believe the magic genie is the  G.723.1 audio codec

according to an article on asterisk at

"Audio-encoding codecs available include ...and G.723.1 or G.726 with an
appropriate license"

But I am not sure if that license would be available to an individual user
like me, or the price of it, or where/how to obtain one (a license).

--
Shawn

Karma is immutable, so act accordingly!