Re: [tlug] routing question

    Botond> Not quite, another indication that you did not follow up
    Botond> with the thread.

I did indeed follow the thread.  However, I didn't read any post more
than twice (!), and chose to respond to the one that looked like it
had the most complete information, which perhaps turns out to be a
wrong assessment.

    Botond> My original question was about a routing
    Botond> problem from my Zaurus to the local network. And this is
    Botond> indeed 2 physical cables as the Zaurus is connected over a
    Botond> USB cable.

The problem is that "independence of irrelevant alternatives" doesn't
apply here.  If any of the boxen on your network have a default route
to the outside, and any of the the boxen your Zaurus is connected to
has a route to that box, it is possible for the packets to be routed
to the outside world.  If that happens, then since the Zaurus is on an
unroutable network, nothing will come back.  You still haven't
responded to that point; I have to wonder if you understood it.

It doesn't matter to me; I'm just going to require substantially more
information before I respond to your posts in the future.  Now, if
you'd solved the problem, I'd leave it at that (and not make this post
at all)---communication is a two-way street, and maybe it is my
misunderstanding.  But given that the best you could come up with is a
curse (and you haven't even told us whether it's a mage curse or a
cleric curse) I think you should carefully consider whether maybe it
is _your_ reporting.

    Botond> I thank Uva Coder for his time that we spent together on
    Botond> irc trying to get this resolved, it's very unfortunate
    Botond> that we came to the conclusion that the Zaurus is cursed
    Botond> ;)

Hey, you heard that from me first.  :-)  Smiley, but worth thinking
about, eh?