RE: [tlug] OT: Please educate me...

> Seriously, though, I used it (and got hired) b/c I came back to
> California after nine years in Asia and had no network left
> here, to speak of.  Therefore, I used every resource available
> and monster.com turned out to be the one that worked.

I hear you.  I am having a hard time finding right candidates through
monster, but when I was searching as a candidate, the site worked well
for me too.

> It's been pretty interesting to have you come to TLUG,
> Rena.  It's not often we get to have discussions like this
> with a professional recruiter who is honestly interested
> in who we are and what we're doing here.  OK, it's more than
> rare.  It's never happened before in the time I've been a
> TLUG member (about 6 years) :-)

Oh, thank you.  I think I have to be in the field to help my candidates,
right?  I don't like to make empty promises with my candidates, so I
have to know what they are talking about.  Without the mutual
understanding, we would be like 'Men are from Mars & Women are from
Venus...'

> Have you ever tried Linux?  If you'd like to, I'm sure some
> TLUGgers would be happy to set it up to dual-boot on your
> computer if you bring it to a meeting :-)

I spent a few hours on the weekend in a local library.  I am still at an
intro level, but I am learning it slowly!  Dual-boot?  Not a bad idea!

Rena