Re: [tlug] Re: routing question

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 22:37:20 +0900
Botond Botyanszki <tlug@example.com> wrote:

> The command does work. I tried to stick it into the hotplug scripts
> but that didn't.

Yeah, generally it only works for me after netfront has started, you
could try writing a wrapper for netfront that calls netfront then runs
the qcop command.

> The keyhelper sounds good. I have also found this page
> http://park11.wakwak.com/~nkon/homepc/zaurus/config/opie_sh_1.html
> That puts an entry into the menu. Unfortunately it's for OPIE, so the
> gui doesn't work on my Z, but I'll make my own ipk.

There are a number of opie apps that you can get to run by downloading
libopie from the Opie feed for the Sharp rom
(http://opie.handhelds.org/feed/sharprom/1.0.3/). They have opie-sh
there too I think. Don't be fooled into downloading all the dependancies
though, you only need libopie1 to get most of the apps to run on the
sharp rom - some apps however just won't run.

> BTW, is it worth replacing qtpia with OPIE? I wouldn't mind having an
> english environment (easier to read than tiny kanji), but I do need
> the Japanese support (i.e. dictionary and kanji character recognition
> tools that come with Sharp's software.)
>
> thanks.
>
> --
> B0Ti.

I tried opie out and liked it a lot, however they don't have support for
the Japanese input methods that the Sharp rom has, and the Sharp
dictionary and translator that comes with the C860 didn't run on the
verion of opie I tried (1.0.3)

Instead I went back to the Sharp rom and wrote a scritp that removes all
the Japanese translation files for qtopia, forcing it to use English for
the menus etc. It converts about 95% of the menus to English, and yuo
get to keep full Japanese input and all the standard Sharp Roms.

I'll attach it here, so you can try it if you like. All the files that I
remove with the script are symlinks from /usr/QtPalmtop.rom to
/home/QtPalmtop so it is easily reversible if you decide you want full
Japanese again.

Stu