Re: [tlug] Open source and free are the same

Quoth Stephen J. Turnbull (Tue 2004-06-08 11:03:01AM +0900):

> Maybe I'll get back to work on my diatribe entitled "Free Software
> Fanaticism Considered Harmful" (the URL will of course be
> Tools/Attitude/fsf-harmful.html ;-)

This one I want to read. I enjoy your "Attitude" immensely! :)

>     Josh> Yes, the two are pretty similar, but I think "value
>     Josh> judgements" say more about the person making the judgement,
>     Josh> and "ad hominem attacks" are targetted at the values or
>     Josh> personality of the person *being* judged. A lot of overlap,
>     Josh> obviously.
>
> Sure, there's an important difference in focus there.  I know that
> Rick has a rant on "ad hominem," and I thought he had one on "value
> judgements."  If so, it's undoubtedly worth reading, that's all I
> meant.

Yes, Rick Moen is quite good. I think we still link him off of the
List Policy page... [/me checks] nope. Bugger.

Which reminds me, I revised the LP doc and forgot to mention it here
(I did mention it on -admin, of course).

--
Josh Glover

Gentoo Developer (http://dev.gentoo.org/~jmglov/)
Tokyo Linux Users Group Listmaster (http://www.tlug.jp/)

GPG keyID 0xDE8A3103 (C3E4 FA9E 1E07 BBDB 6D8B  07AB 2BF1 67A1 DE8A 3103)
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys DE8A3103