RE: [tlug] usb storage possible from phone?

On Monday, May 31, 2004 10:17 AM +0900 JST, Shawn wrote:
> Trying to access the mini-sd card in my A5403CA keitai via usb, I get a
> mount: /dev/sdc1 is not a valid block device error message.

I don't know if this keitai supports USB Mass Storage or not.
If it does...

Is /dev/sdc1 the correct device?

After you plug in the keitai into USB, dmesg should ideally show a few lines where usb-storage gets loaded, recognizes the memory card, and assigns it a SCSI device name.  It's possible the SCSI device name may change each time you unplug and plug in the keitai.

> B)  If the sd card in the phone is not a supported mass storage device,
can anyone recommend a card reader for either minisd cards or sd cards
(which I can use the included adaptor with)?

Anyway, if you have the little sleeve that turns a mini-SD into a SD-card, I can recommend my company's HexaMedia Drive card reader/writer. :-)  "Works well with Linux"(TM)
http://www.yedata.co.jp/products/card_index.html

Hope this helps,
jimb.