[tlug] boot libretto l1 from usb

hi!
i got a used Toshiba Libretto L1/060TNCM without the usb-floppy they
delivered as usual (he bought it used from sofmap and they didn't sell
the usb-floppy). I want to install Debian on it and do not waste money
on buying hardware that will not function with the Libretto and I cannot
find anything useful in the net except of install guides who do not
cover the questions below.

Does anyone know if I can boot the machine from any usb-floppy-drive?
After I got it booted with a debian rescue disk, does anyone know if i
can install debian from any usb-cdrom/cdrecorder or do an
internet-install from any pcmcia-network-card?

Thanks in advance

Niels