Re: [tlug] (OT) Japanese cell-phone-mail-system

On Thu, 13 May 2004 01:27:31 +0900
Niels Kobschaetzki <niels.k@example.com> wrote:

> But when someone sent me a mail I get it usually
> something like 8 hours later (e.g. a mail was sent at 18:05 (I do not
> have any reception from ca. 17:45), I get it 02:00 or 03:00 in the
> morning (I have receeption again from 23:35 usually) and not nearly
> immediately when I have reception again.

It's possible that the system is overloaded. For example when I send a
mail to one of my free webmail accounts, the server recieves the mail
immediately (get a COMPLETED msg in my mail server's logs), but sometimes
the mail only shows up hours later in my inbox.