Re: [tlug] libusb and plustek sane-backend (1.0.13)

Quoth Godwin Stewart (Tue 2004-04-20 10:42:25PM +0200):

> Now that I've got the drivers for my DXR3 MPEG2 decoder board working with
> the 2.6.5 kernel it's time to switch over and leave 2.4.x behind. After a
> few teething problems - like finding out the hard way that usb-uhci is now
> uhci-hcd and wasting a couple of hours trying to figure out why there was
> nothing under /proc/bus/usb - it's up and running smoothly. I still have to
> see if sound works but that's low priority.

You can wuss out like I did and enable OSS support in the kernel (deprecated
as it may be). After an hour of sodding about with ALSA and still no sound,
I relegated getting ALSA working to a project for my copious amounts of "pare
time".[1]

> High priority is getting the fscking scanner working.

Glad that someone was able to help you, and make you look the fool at the
same time! :-P

-Josh

[1] Registered trademark of Jim Breen, reprinted here without permission
    under fair use, etc etc ad naseum.

--
Josh Glover

GPG keyID 0xDE8A3103 (C3E4 FA9E 1E07 BBDB 6D8B  07AB 2BF1 67A1 DE8A 3103)
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys DE8A3103