Re: [tlug] Option City...

On Sat, Apr 17, 2004 at 05:48:39PM +0900, Lyle (Hiroshi) Saxon wrote:
> xzgv - A fast picture viewer for X

this one is rather nice.
it uses the same thumbnails as gimp.

(i wish there was one thumbnail standard all apps would use)

it really is fast. it does not open a new window for every new image,
but will keep the existing one and not resize it either but scales the
image. (you can switch so it doesn't scale and it will keep that state.)
both are absolute required features for me.  if you find any other image
viewer that offers these please tell me.

main drawback is it recogniyes images only by extension.

and while the thumbnail view leaves a bit to be desired (i'd like to be
able to move files around, get non-image files listed (so that i can
tell if a directory is empty or not), and optionally have a fullscreen
thumbnail view) this is the best i have found yet.

greetings, martin.
--
looking for a job doing pike programming, sTeam/caudium/pike/roxen training,
sTeam/caudium/roxen and/or unix system administration anywhere in the world.