Re: [tlug] giving up on email

On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 01:30:19 +0900, Niels Kobschaetzki <niels.k@example.com>
wrote:

> in my normal inbox i get ca. 1 spam-mail per month an in my
> junk-mail-box are 1 - 2 mails per every 2 days...
> does i only have luck or does other people do something terribly wrong?

I think you've been lucky so far.

It is well known that spam now accounts for over half of e-mail traffic. I
know that as far as my system is concerned (purely DNSBL, no content
filtering), I get maybe 2 or 3 a day which get through, and around 80 a day
rejected.

--
G. Stewart   --   gstewart@example.com -- gstewart@example.com
Registered Linux user #284683 (Slackware 9.0, Linux 2.4.25)