Re: [tlug] Suse blues

On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 02:09:35PM +0900, Shawn wrote:

>http://www.suse.de/~mfabian/suse-cjk/suse-cjk.html

That was my first though, too, and I said "Oh, good, he beat me to it."
Then I went and read Paul's post in the SuSE forum and found he's already
discovered Mike Fabian's page on his own, but apparently it didn't help him.

Neither did the responses, one of which said "What's kanji?" :-p

I have done what he needs (English menus, Japanese input), but it
was on Red Hat, not SuSE.  Still, the basic principles are the same no
matter what distro a person is using.

He needs to the the right combination of environment variables, and make
sure that canna and kinput2 are running.

Paul, if you're still there, go over this link (already previously posted,
I'm just repeating):

http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/jpninpt.html

If that doesn't help, come back and tell us in as much detail as you can
what you've done.  Also, in the event that you do not meet with success,
go to a command prompt and do the following:

1) Type printenv then cut and paste the output of that command into your
email so we can see what your environment variables are;

2) Also at a command prompt, type ps aux |grep -i canna and paste the
output of that into your email to us;

3) Finally, again at a command prompt, type ps aux |grep -i kinput and paste
the output of that into your mail.

Jonathan
--
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys ACC46EF9
Key fingerprint = E52E 8153 8F37 74AF C04D  0714 364F 540E ACC4 6EF9