Re: [tlug] Japanese input in aterm

On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 12:12:57PM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

>     Scott> #!/bin/bash
>     Scott> XMODIFIERS="@example.com=kinput2" LC_CTYPE=ja_JP ${1+"$@"} &
>
> C'mon!  62 bytes?  Let's not be concerned about bandwidth here!  :)
>
>     Scott> No, both are already running.  (I see I left out various
>     Scott> information
>
> Well, given the mess that configuring XIM is, I also went overboard in
> adding detail.  If you can enter kana, then kinput2 at least is
> running, and if you get kanji, definitely the dictionary server is
> running too.

See follow up post--it would have worked had I patched it properly.
Sigh, that's the trouble with early morning or late night experiments.

>     Scott> Because ~everything~ "just works" in Deb, which is boring.
>
> Heh.  `sid' is not boring.

Y'know Jonathan has said this (either publicly or privately, I think
both, but I'm sure he won't mind me citing him here) and I agree.

I'd trust Sid over the "stable" version of many distributions.  Debian
has earned their reputation.

--

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6

Xander: Well, I guess that makes it official. Everybody's paired
off. Vampires get dates. Hell, even the school librarian sees
more action than me.