Re: [tlug] How revolutionary is M2?

Hello,

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 23:32:23 -0800, Jonathan Byrne <jq@example.com>
wrote:

> In light of all that has been said, would it be fair to describe M2
> as having some interesting and useful features, some of which may
> even be revolutionary, as Opera claims, but that it still stands
> somewhere between Alpha and Beta status, leaving it and these features
> not yet ready for general consumption but with strong future potential?

I agree with Shawn that you should try it out.  I have been using M2 as
my main mail client for a number of months and have not experienced any
of the problems that Shawn is having.  Although, I am using version 7.23
Final, which is different that Shawn's cutting edge version.  Also, I
tend to have Opera open when I start an xsession and do not close until
I reboot once every other week or so.  I am not sure I
would call it an Alpha or a Beta product...  It certainly needs some
functional improvements, but most software can stand that.

Zev