Re: [tlug] Okay, sorry. It was a font issue...

>There are _practical_ reasons for the rules of netiquette, in its
>several flavors.  In many cases, the particular rule is somewhat
>arbitrary, but there are big technical differences between email and
>voice, and email and snailmail.  These differences _physically_
>require that expressions of courtesy be made somewhat differently.
>(Eg, the practice of smiley marking.)

Okay - I'm with you on that.  In fact, I feel like a... bloody idiot
actually.  I read the technical posts and they fascinate me - but I will
likely never reach that level of understanding of the system.  Since
making my main computer a Linux box, I have been reading everything
posted to TLUG and I am beginning to get a picture of where I stand.
Basically, I'm interested in knowing as much as I can find time to learn
about Linux and computers in general, but for me, the computer is the
tool that I write with and store & edit photos with.  It helps me make a
living, but it's not directly the source of my income, and so I have a
different set of priorities than the computer professionals in the group.

And - Jonathan - I know you will probably not ever see anything I write
ever again, but I'll say it anyway - what happened was a result of my
suddenly stepping into a room that I was not acclimated to.  I moderate
a different on-line newsletter that exists for an exchange of cultural
views - with nearly no technical issues discussed at all.  In that
group, the priorities are completely different and - again, I wasn't
acclimated to this group.  I do feel you could have been less...
sharp-toothed about it, but I do - now - feel in the wrong and I
apologize for the large-size attitude - coming from a stranger who
suddenly burst into the room from the cold-cold world of a predatory
software company that is used by... by... hapless bipeds.