Re: [tlug] Jp encoding / Netscape 4.x user

> The hip cats on the block are moving on to XHTML 1.0 with UTF-8 for
> character encoding. Here's an example:
>
> http://www.pallanoia.org
>
> Unicode has the obvious advantage that it removes the need for those
> pesky HTML entities. Its drawback is that older browsers, Netscape 4.x
> comes to mind, probably won't be very happy with it, but then these
> browsers have a market share that may be negligible by now.

This is slightly off-topic - but as a Netscape 4.x user....  I'm still
using it on an older w-machine - only because I like the e-mail client,
but I'm in the process of retiring it.  Having to manually switch from
Western to Japanese has been a pain....  The thing that I like about the
e-mail program in Netscape 4.8 (the last version of 4.x I think) is the
way you can highlight any number of e-mail messages and then just
<Ctrl>+<S> them into one big plain text file.  The closest I've been
able to come so far with Mozilla 1.6 (on Linux) is to highlight a batch
of files, forward them to myself in a batch, and then save that file as
plain text.